It's hard to believe the summer is drawing to a close and your children may have already started school or may be starting soon. Start now to develop a routine that keeps everyone on schedule because it takes a few weeks to master. Here are a few ideas to help you streamline the process of getting ready so children make their bus on time with little fuss:
1. Get homework, permission slips, lunch money, and anything else that is needed ready the night before.
2. Wake the kids up 1 hour before school is scheduled to start. This should provide enough time to do all of the morning preparations needed without too much stress.
3. Have the kids dress, brush hair, and brush teeth before they come down for breakfast.
4. For the most productivity in your morning, make a "No-TV-Before-School" rule. Television tends to make children lethargic and irritable when you need them to be focused and agreeable.
5. Have a list of favorite healthy breakfast ideas ready so that little time is spent in trying to decide what they should eat.
6. Make lunches either the night before or while the kids are eating their breakfast.
7. Have a list of healthy lunch options available for easy reference.
8. Set a time for 10 or 15 minutes in order to complete a few chores before school: feed pets, make beds, pick up rooms, etc.
9. Make sure shoes, jackets, and backpacks are easily accessible to children.
10. Start putting on shoes, jackets, and backpacks about 10 minutes prior to the bus arriving.
With these tips in place and practiced daily, you will find that you will be able to get the kids ready and off to school with much less hassle.
Try them and let me know how you make out!
In the meantime, if you are overwhelmed with the process of getting organized, feel free to contact me. I will be more than happy to help.
Enjoy your week!