Where does the time go? Now that there is only a month left to go before your wedding day, are you up to date with your "To Do" list? Make sure you are and then following these steps two to four weeks before the wedding:
- Create a seating chart for the reception and rehearsal dinner. Take some time to think about who should be sitting with whom. Do your best to avoid those sticky situations where Aunt So-And-So doesn't speak with Cousin You-Know-Who. You can reduce potential tensions by paying attention to these details. Discuss the seating arrangements with the caterer so you know how the tables will be set and numbered. This will make this task a lot easier to complete.
- Create place cards for both the rehearsal dinner and reception. You can have a caligrapher make up the place cards for a more professional look, if you wish.
- Print out a time line of events for your wedding party and vendors, including contact information and telephone numbers.
- Meet with your photographer and florist to finalize the details.
- Finalize your ceremony and reception music and song list and supply it to the appropriate persons. Make sure, if you are having a disc jockey, that they will have all the tunes you want on hand that day. If you are having a band, make sure they can play the particular songs you want to hear and dance to.
- This is the time to place a wedding announcement in your local newspaper.
- Pick up your wedding bands from the jeweler and make sure they fit properly and are engraved correctly. Allow time for any corrections, if need be.
- Schedule your final fitting for the gown and make sure the brides maids do the same. Talk to each of your brides maids to make sure they have the proper accessories to accompany their gown - shoes, purse, hair adornments, etc.
- Write your rehearsal dinner toasts.
- Remember that every wedding is unique and special. Some details are unique to your particular situation, so be sure to incorporate them into your checklist so the details are not forgotten.
Check back soon for more tips you can use. Next time, we will discuss what to do in the final week before the wedding.
If you have any organizing questions or tips you would like to discuss, please contact A BETTER SPACE. I will be glad to hear from you.
In the meantime, have a great week!