The wedding day is quickly approaching. So now your wedding day is about two to four months away. What should you be doing during this time?
Here are some suggestions:
- Find out what your state's requirements are for obtaining a marriage license. Get your future spouse on board and get the ball rolling.
- Select and order the tuxedos for the groom and groomsmen, including the ring bearer and father of the bride.
- Meet with your officiant to discuss the ceremony details. Are you going to be reading your own vows or is the officiant preparing something to read? Determine what will be said. You can always make changes to already prepared content. If you are preparing your own vows, start getting them prepared and get a courtesy copy to the officiant when they are completed.
- Order your wedding cake if you have not already done so directly with the caterer. Make sure to arrange delivery of the cake, if need be, so it arrives well in advance of the wedding reception.
- Buy thank-you gifts for your attendants. There are specialty shops that will engrave items if you wish. I purchased a necklace with a stone that complemented the gown the bridesmaids and flower girl were wearing on the day of the wedding. My husband purchased watches for the groomsmen and ring bearer to wear that day as well. We purchased handkerchiefs for my parents which we had engraved with their initials, because we knew the day would bring them to (happy) tears.
- Shop for a gift for your new spouse-to-be. This is optional. Since my husband and I were paying for the wedding ourselves, we decided not to do this. We were giving the wedding as a gift to each other instead. The choice is yours. Just make sure you are both on the same page!
- Select and purchase your wedding bands. They can either match or not, depending upon your taste. My wedding band matches my engagement ring instead of my husband's wedding band. It's completely up to you and your future spouse.
- Prepare for and choose a location for the rehearsal dinner. Make a list of intended guests to determine the number who are invited so that you can comfortably accommodate all. This can either be a large affair or something more intimate with just the immediate family members from both sides and the attendants.
There is plenty to do and time is moving quickly. Do your best to keep up with the deadlines so that you don't get caught behind the 8 ball as your wedding day arrives.
Check back for more tips so you can plan the wedding of your dreams and not leave out any important details.
Please feel free to contact A BETTER SPACE with any organizing questions or problems you would like me to address and I will be glad to help.
Have a great week!